Friday, November 19, 2010

on getting back on track

I have to do it.

I want to do it.

I need to do it.

It is NOT as easy as it sounds.  I have been sick for nearly 5 weeks.  I did three rounds of antibiotics, different antibiotics.  I have been on a prescription cough suppressant, inhaler, AND over the counter cough and cold medicines as well as your routine advil, tylenol and sudafed...welcome to the last 5 weeks of my life.   If you remember any of it...please let me know...

So, for the past 5 weeks of my life I played a bit of kickball...and that is about it.  I know, really active...

feel. like. junk.

I vowed this week to get back on track.  Monday night, even though I got home at 8:15...I went on a bike ride...that was freaking scary.  Why Tampa, WHY, must half of the lights on Bayshore be out, creating pitch-black darkness on half of the expanse!?!  NOT OKAY...Tuesday morning I made it to the gym...by Tuesday night I was so sore and freaking fidgety I couldn’t sit still.  Wednesday morning, I did an easy 20 minute bike ride.  Thursday I was beyond figuring it out...sore, tired, and ready to be home...I postponed Thursday to Friday...

Here we are on Friday...I am still sore...my plan is to get to the gym after work...and then ride with Deb while she runs tomorrow...


AirHeads with kids Saturday night and a softball game Sunday...

We will see...

I am sore, I am tired, but I need to be on track...

I must be...

for now

LM

No comments:

Post a Comment